30 Rock* was one of the best shows of all time. You know, until it got all weird and rushed at the end, like NBC was actually trying to flop it the same way the main characters were trying to get TGS canceled. Sure Kenneth ended up being the boss, like we knew he would, and Liz Lemon got the fairytale ending we always wanted for her (with James Marsden, even), and Tracy and Jenna never really grew up. But then Jack went all nuts-o and Dennis Duffy never got his comeuppance, and it made me really angry.
But, sloppy ending aside, it doesn’t change the fact that Liz Lemon (and by extension, Tina Fey), is the best TV character who has ever existed. (At least on screen.) And if you disagree, you are wrong. She even got her own flavor from Ben & Jerry’s. And if you still disagree, remember that there ain’t no party like a Liz Lemon party ’cause a Liz Lemon party is mandatory.
Reasons She is Super Awesome
- She’s the boss of a great job – head writer at the fictional The Girlie Show, later TGS featuring Tracy Jordan.
- She has an mentor (which more people should do, especially if they’re all Lemon-like).
- She has a pretty impressive dating resume (before marrying James Marsden as Criss Chros): Matt Damon, Jon Hamm, Michael Sheen, and Jason Sudeikis, to name a few. They all thought she was pretty awesome too, at the time, except for Sheen; they hated each other.
- She isn’t ashamed about eating – did someone say sandwich day? “I wolfed my Teamster sub for you!”
- Her self deprecation is hilarious.
- She is hilarious.
- And a million other things – while high-fiving a million angels
Sayings Liz Lemon Made Cool
- I want to go to there.
- Suck it, nerds.
- What the what?
- Nerd rage
Liz’s Favorite Foods
- “Are you sure? Cause I took one of those “Which Gossip Girl are you?” quizzes, and it said I was the dad’s guitar.”
- “You wanna party? It’s $500 for kissing and $10,000 for snuggling; end of list.”
- “If I have learned anything from my Sims family: When a child doesn’t see his father enough he starts to jump up and down, then his mood level will drop until he pees himself.”
- “I want to roll my eyes right now but the doctor said if I keep doing it, my ocular muscles might spasm and eject my eyeballs.”
- “You know I can’t wear green, Jenna! The Clinique lady says I have witch undertones.”
- “If you’re ordering me an edible arrangement to say thanks, I’d prefer a meat one.”
- “He got a taste of the Lemon and it was not sour.”
And finally, “Lemon out.”
Here’s to having it all, just like our favorite fruit-named character always said she could.